Monday, April 25, 2011

Frontier

As I was flying to Washington D.C. for vacation there was a little bit of turbulence, especially for a flight to the district where I have flown numerous times.  I did not think anything of it until the flight landed and the flight attendant said "Thanks for flying frontier, a new kind of animal."  My first reaction was to turn to my friend sitting next to me and burst out laughing.  I had never heard something so ridiculous.  As soon as I landed and got settled, I went straight for the computer to research.  This is what I found:


Under the Company Info section of Frontier's website it says that when they first launched their airline in 1994, they wanted a way to stand out among their competitors and so they came out with their wildlife theme.  Today there are over 50 different animal photographs on the tails of their planes.  It made a lot more sense to me and I remembered seeing a series of Frontier commercials that showed the animals on their planes tails like this one.



It also says on their website that yes, they have animals on their tails, but that's not why the engines purr. The animal goes beyond just the picture and to the actual interior functions of the plane.  They wanted a way to attract people's attention and stick out in the market, and this just proves that they have certainly achieved that.

No comments:

Post a Comment